If you’re doing home remodeling in Phoenix this year, then one of the most important decisions you’ll make is whom to choose as your home remodeling contractor. A good contractor can make the entire process go smoothly, and the contractor will stay on time and on budget. On the other hand, a poor contractor can turn your Phoenix home remodeling dreams into a living nightmare.
The good news is that this sort of nightmare is largely avoidable if you heed the following tips…
Ask Your Friends for Referrals
Did your friends or neighbors recently have home remodeling work done in the area? Then ask them who they hired as their Phoenix home remodeling contractor. Be sure to also find out if they had a good experience with this team.
Talk to Several Contractors
Don’t make the mistake of hiring the first contractor you run across. Instead, take the time to talk to several contractors, get an estimate, and ask a lot of questions. For example:
• Are you licensed and bonded?
• How long have you been in business?
• What sort of experience do you have that’s similar to my project?
• Do you belong to any professional associations?
• How long have you worked in Arizona?
• Do you have references I can talk to?
• Do you have a portfolio for me to look at?
• Do you do background checks on your crew?
• Will there be an onsite manager/foreman present?
• Is there anything missing from your estimate?
• Do you have any concerns about this particular job?
• How will you protect my belongings?
• How much do you require for an upfront deposit?
The answers to these questions will help you decide which home remodeling contractor in Phoenix is right for you.
Get a Signed Contract
Once you decide which home remodeling contractor you want to hire, your new contractor should produce a written contract for you to sign. This contract will include items such as the scope of the work, payment terms, and how change requests are handled. If your contractor gives you a generic contract that’s light on details – or no contract at all – then walk away and find someone who is more professional and trustworthy.
Get you remodeling project off to a great start by hiring the trusted name in Phoenix home remodeling: Todd Whittaker Drywall, Inc. TWD has nearly two decades of experience with a wide variety of both interior and exterior remodeling and construction, so they’re sure to do a great job at a fair price. Find out why so many others trust TWD for all their home remodeling needs by visiting them online today at www.twdaz.com.